Thursday, June 19, 2008

Parkhurst 1st Blog

hey everybody! welcome to our first attempt at a blog. we're excited to share our lives with all of you guys! life just got really exciting for us about 6 weeks ago as we had our 2nd baby girl, sophie joy! she is just as red-headed as the first, but a TOTALLY different temperament. she is sweet sweet sweet and does nothing but sleep, eat and poop all day and all night. she was born on may 12th (1 day earlier than scheduled...she just decided she was done being inside her momma!) via c-section, weighing 8 pounds 4 ounces and 20 1/2 inches..nice and big, and everything couldn't have been smoother. ruby is doing so great as a big sister too. for the most part she doesn't really care about her being around or notice her too much, and she is soft and kisses her when she does notice her. so, we'll see what happens when sophie starts crawling and playing with "ruby's toys"...then we'll see how soft ruby will be with her. but we sure love our girls and love our crazy, insomniac life.
matt continues to work full time with farmers insurance and really likes it...they treat him great and pay him good. what more could you ask for? he's also busy and consumed with starting a new little business of his own painting parking lots, called "striping". i think he's mostly just excited that he finally got to buy a truck. but he's hoping to get started this summer and keep it as a side job for a little extra money. i also decided, with the birth of sophie, to be a stay at home mom and quit the salon. it was a tough decision that took some thinking about but i know at this point in my diaper filled life it's best. however, i can't let the love of doing hair just leave my life and i will be doing it out of my home to those who dare come to my house and walk through the gauntlet of toys. i'm very excited my career allows me to do be so flexible and i can still keep my sanity by talking to other adults throughout the day.
ruby is growing so fast and one of the main reasons for this blog, we can't seem to capture her in pictures fast enough and show her off to our friends and family enough. everyday she's saying new words and phrases (her new word is "gosh!" and says it about everything, and her new phrase is "i got it!"), is already showing interest in the "potty", she still just loves elmo and has to watch "nemo" atleast once a day, and keeps us cracking up all day long. she is a funny sweet girl and we can't wait for sophie to get big enough that they can play!
so, we promise to do our best in keeping up our blog and posting as many pictures as we can. please keep checking it and posting your comments!

16 comments:

MRS. PaX said...

Hi guys!! Thanks so much for including us in your virtual world! We really enjoyed the adorable blog and we are so excited that we are "officially" your first comment!! Yay!! We can NOT believe how big Sophie is and we can not wait to see you guys next month!! Sophie is huggable now and we don't have to worry about squishing her when we want to snuggle her!! We miss you guys and Ruby, so please give those sweet little girls LOTS of hugs and kisses from their Uncle Brady and Aunty Mia!!

We love you guys!! We are looking forward to your next blog!!

P.S. We are flying in July 2nd!! See you SOON!!

Stacie Hawley said...

YEAH!!! I am so excited that you have finally started a blog!! HOORAY HOORAY!! So...here is our blog:
hawleyfamily2002.blogpsot.com

I am so excited to be able to keep in touch with pictures!!
-Stacie

Unknown said...

What a cute blog! I will add to my bookmarks and check back often. Nate had a great visit, and has talked about your sweet girls for the last 2 days. I told him not to kiss that new baby before I could, but he didn't listen. :) Now we really have to find a way to get back to Vegas soon. LOVE all your pictures! Ruby looks so much like a big sister next to little Sophie. Keep taking lots of pictures- they grow so quickly!
Shelli

Kristin said...

Congrats on starting a blog & most importantly, little Sophie! How cute!!!

It will be fun to check-in & see how your little family is growing. It's been a blast to see how Logan has grown on our blog.

Take Care!

bloggerjewely said...

Parkhurstssssss! What a cute blog. I can't believe you have two babies already! They are both so cute and look just like daddy. I'm so happy that you are able to stay home with them Jane. It is the right thing to do. Hope to see all of you some time this year. Love you guys, Aunt Julie

Jen said...

So how cute is your family? Shopie is adorable! I'm so glad that everything went smoothly, we really need to get our families together, or at least you and me for lunch. Talk to you later.
-jen roderick

lori parkhurst said...

guys cute blog check out ours at parkhurstparty.blogspot.com See you at Sophies blessing

The Sorensen Family said...

I can't tell you enough how excited I am that you have a blog. You are the best and I adore the girls. Potty and yahtzee is my favorite.

Phillip & Emily said...

Janie-

Your little Ruby is so cute! And so is the new addition Sophie! I also just started a blog, so we can keep up again! I would love to come see the girls one day. I'm not working this summer, just taking a few online classes. Hope you guys are all doing well!!

Em

Lindsay said...

This is Lindsay Mortensen in case you couldn't tell. I found your blog through Stacie's. Cute family! I love seeing what everyone is doing. Keep the posts coming!!

Jason & Claire said...

Yay! I'm so glad you started a blog. I saw your link on Tami and Darren's blog. I grew up with them. Isn't is a small world!! Your girls are so cute. Come check us out--claison.blogspot.com--I'm putting you on my friends list and checking back often.

Jennifer said...

Sister Parkhurst!!! Holy cow!! This is Jennifer Sargent.. YOu were my YW leader in the Paradise ward in LV!! How are you?! Your kids are adorable!!

Jason & Claire said...

I thought Matt said he was going to update. ;)

Jen said...

Ok ha ha so funny now will you post some pictures and keep us updated or do I just need to come up with excuses to come see you? (know that I'm kidding-sort of, I suck at keeping mine updated too-oh well) I guess there are more important things in life like showers and lunch :)

Jason & Claire said...

Hey, I had to go private unexpectedly. Can you send me your email so I can invite you? Thanks!

claireleavittscott@gmail.com

lori parkhurst said...

easton here are you going to write again?